Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Read Casey Anthony jailhouse letters where she alleges sexual abuse (video)

On May 24, 2011 the Casey Anthony trial officially began with both the prosecution and defense delivering opening statements. The prosecution alleged that Casey Anthony embarked upon a 31 day journey that consisted of partying, entering “Hot Body” contests and lying to cover up her actions, all while her two-year-old daughter Caylee was missing and the defense stated that Casey Anthony was a victim of sexual abuse that she suffered at the hands of her brother, Lee Anthony, and father, George Anthony. Though this was the first time many, including the jury, had heard these allegations; it wasn’t the first time Casey Anthony made them. Casey Anthony recounted the sexual abuse she remembered and stated she was beginning to recall abuse from her father that was coming to her through dreams in letters that were released by the State of Florida as evidence in the case.
Casey also expressed in the letter that she told her mother about the sexual molestation but her mother turned on her. “When I told my Mom about it two years ago, she made excuses, saying that he was sleepwalking. Not only did she say I was lying, but when I explained everything her reaction as literally like a knife in my chest- ‘So that’s why you’re a whore,’” Casey wrote.

Casey Anthony stated, “I know how it feels to be physically and mentally abused. And I also know how it feels to be sexually abused. It’s taken a long time for me to forgive and I’ve been somewhat successful in doing so. The worst part is when I tried to confide in someone before- Jesse, my Mom, they turned on me. I was to blame for my brother walking into my room at night and feeling my breasts while I slept. I woke up night after night with my sports bra lifted up over my chest or if I had on a regular bra, it would be unhooked.”

Casey Anthony continued, “Even if I was doing karate in my sleep, that wouldn’t have happened. I woke up many times to a flashlight on my face, and he would be sitting on my floor, in front of the bed, staring at me. This went on for over 3 year, before I finally stood up to Lee and told him if he ever came in my room again, I’d kill him. I was 15. It started just before I turned 12.”You may read Casey Anthony jailhouse letters in the document player to the left. The information regarding the alleged sexual abuse begins on page eight.
Then Casey Anthony described what she believed were memories coming back to her about her father, George Anthony, sexually abusing her as well. Casey Anthony wrote, “Over the past few months, I’ve been having really vivid dreams and it’s obvious that they are dreams of things that have already happened. I think my Dad used to do the same thing to me, but when I was much younger. I can see him in my room, exactly the way it was when I was in elementary school, and everything gets fuzzy. But I wake up feeling both sore and sick to my stomach. The way I used to feel growing up.” Casey continued to state that the dreams were impacting her during her waking moments, “I haven’t been sleeping much or very well lately.”
Casey Anthony also said that when she turned 18 she went to a doctor to get help but never told anyone about it. Click on the document link in the video player to the left to read the Casey Anthony jailhouse letters.
You may watch videos from the Casey Anthony trial below as well as watch live coverage of the Casey Anthony trial in the link above.
What do you think? Do you believe the defense’s theory that Casey Anthony was sexually abused? Do you think that helps explain her behavior during Caylee Anthony’s disappearance?

Follow the Casey Anthony Caseon Facebook and on Twitter



Casey Anthony Jailhouse Letters

No comments:

Post a Comment